Wednesday, November 12, 2008

stitching weekend

This weekend is going to be a busy stitching weekend, hopefully. This weekend at my LNS there is a Moonlight Stitching Saturday night. They only have these evenings quarterly and are from 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (I wished they were every month). There is all kinds of food, giggles, good company and we get a make-it and take-it. I can't wait! This would be an excellent time to stitch on my QSW piece ~ I may even get it completed with 6 hours of uninterrupted time. Hmmmmmmm...

Also this weekend, a local area near my home called the Berry Hill District is having a Holiday Happenings with almost 20 businesses of various sorts participating. In addition, there is a wonderful charity called Soles 4 Souls that the local businesses are collecting for. I wished I had known this earlier because I donated over a dozen shoes to Goodwill...shucks!!! The Berry Hill Community is about 4-5 blocks of close-knit shop owners and small restaurants. It's a great little place to walk around and shop. In addition to the Holiday Happenings, my LNS is also having a local crafter in-store displaying and selling her craft-wares. I'll have to check this out though as I have no idea what type of craft this lady brings. This happens from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in Berry Hill. Immediately afterwards, Moonlight Stitching starts. This is going to be quite the Saturday in Berry Hill and at the shop.

I have finally picked which piece to stitch for the QSW and have gathered my floss and fabric for the occasion. Since I'm new to primitive stitching and have very little quick stitch pieces I have decided to stitch one of the freebies I received from The Sampler Girl through our Stacy Nash Group at Yahoo! (SNG at Yahoo!). The freebie is called Prim Friends Gather. I figured since this is our SNG's first QSW, I find it appropriate to stitch this piece since we're friends getting together and stitching our quick stitches. Tanya is such a gifted designer and generous with her work. Check out Tanya's blog as well. She always has something going on and she's definitely worth reading.

Prim Friends Gather
by The Sampler Girl
stitched by Linda in VA

No comments: