Friday, November 21, 2008

christmas table runner ~ quilt chat

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...or at least feel that way around here. The high today was 38 degrees. That is just way too cold for me. I finally have my first Christmas decoration out for the season. It is a Christmas gift from my Aunt Pam. She decided to give me the table runner before Christmas so I could enjoy it during the season. She does impeccable work. Everything she does is absolutely done with perfection. My mom was recently in Ohio for a stitching class and she visited my Aunt (her sister) while there. My Aunt made this gorgeous Christmas table runner and I couldn't be more stunned by its beauty. I've posted some pictures of it, but I really wish that everyone could see it up close. It's gorgeous!

This table runner is one of the most beautifully put together pieces I've ever seen. My Aunt's eye for color scheme and connection is exquisite ~ she has such good taste. Trust me...I always ask her advice when it comes to this type of craft. She ALWAYS has the answer I'm needing.

Now, I have tried to take a good photo. In order to really appreciate this quilt top you have to notice the gold tones throughout. The gold tracing is what really sets this piece off. It really makes the primitive reds and greens "pop," but in a relaxed and soothing way. The cream colored fabric with the gold twirly-vines is just gorgeous. I think it's one of my favorite parts of this top. The cream colored fabric looks as if it's been hand-dyed so it has this calming affect against the gold. I just love it!

As you can see the three stars is what makes this one for Christmas. It reminds me of snowflakes and December which is my birthday month. The holly printed fabric for binding really hugs the "snowflakes" so the center is your focus. It's difficult to just pick one thing about this quilt top...it's all so beautiful.

Here's a photo of the backing fabric. The poinsettias are larger than life, but not overbearing. And of course, it wouldn't be my Aunt to not coordinate it perfectly with the quilt top. I am repeating myself, I know, but it's just gorgeous. I've had my table runner displayed on my dining room table ever since I received it and I find myself looking at it every time I pass by. I am still examining it in fine detail.

My table runner wouldn't be complete without a personal message from my dear Aunt Pam, with an inscription on the back in its own little patchwork square. She's the only aunt I have left. She is dear to me and I appreciate and love her work more than words can describe. I simply adore this quilt-top table runner. It's one of my favorite keepsakes.

2 comments:

Suzann said...

Beautiful Quilted Table-Runner! What a blessing.

Solstitches said...

What a gorgeous runner your aunt made for you.
It looks just beautiful in the Christmas fabrics.

Margaret