Friday, October 30, 2009

the unfinished finished: part 1

I felt like getting "some" (I said some) of my finishes that need finishing out and showing them off especially that Hallow's Eve by primitivebettys. When am I ever going to get to all these? It's not like they'll be difficult to finish. And there are still more stashed away in my craft space. Ahhhh...sometimes I could cut my own arm off and throw it at myself.

Tomorrow I am going to my friend Sally's house to play. I can't wait! It'll be so much fun and I can't wait to see her. Other than my mom and aunt she's my best bud. I just adore and love her. But first I'm running by the LNS in the morning to be sized for my mittens that Pat (shop owner) is knitting for me. I can't wait for those. She already started on them too. Yippy!


My interview went extremely well this afternoon. I actually had fun, but like I've said before I can have fun anywhere, but these guys were really fun and laid back. These lawyers were wearing jeans for heaven's sake!!! I've never worked for a firm where you could wear jeans. I was shocked. The only downside is the pay isn't so great, but the atmosphere is fantastic and so was the staff. I really don't know which way the scale will tip if they decide to call. I'm pulled.

Thanks to
Barbara from across the pond for wishing me 'good luck' on my interview. I so appreciate the hug, YOU! And to everyone else for your well wishes. I get to see a new shop tomorrow with my buddy Sal! I'm giddy! Onto the next...Talk soon!

9 comments:

Daffycat said...

I have a drawer full of unfinished stitches so don't be too hard on yourself! And might I suggest toes instead of an arm? It's much easier to stitch without toes...

So glad to hear the interview went well. Let us know what happens!

Shari said...

I love pulling out unfinished finishes & getting them done!!! Such a sense of accomplishment!
So glad the interview went well! I thought about you a few times, wondering how it was going!
Have a great day today. Sounds like GREAT FUN!!!!! I MUST find someone to knit me a pair of the mitten things on Staci's blog!!!

Shari said...

forgot to say, love the new look of your blog!!!!

kimstitch3 said...

HIya Julie,Love the look of your blog. I"m glad all went well yesterday in your interview. I will pray you get it if it is Gods will. sounds like a wonderful opp. I love your finishes. I started on primitive Bettys Thankful yesterday. It is coming out cute. I"m using brown sugar by cresent colors for the turkey and a fall color from NN, I dont know the number or name off hand since I lost the color tag to it. Take care,Kimberly

Suzann said...

Julie,

Your blog is looking really awesome.

I need to pull out my unfinished finishes too. Maybe as soon as I get "my room" cleaned.

thanks for the inspiration.

Happy Halloween.

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Hope you get the job, Julie!!!

Happy Halloween :)
Tanya

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Julie, What designer is the sunflowers by? I love all your stitching.

mainely stitching said...

A fun interview? What's your secret? ;) So glad it went well - will continue keeping my fingers crossed!

Julie said...

April, I believe that is Bent Creek. That one has been stitched a loooooooooooooong time.