Wednesday, October 14, 2009

crows & a lizard

I stayed up way too late last night (1:30 am) stitching on Bent Creek’s Crows – A Fine Day, but at least I got a lot of stitching done. :) No complaints there! I'm going to make this into a long pillow instead of framing it. It's easier. It's faster. It'll be more fun turning it into a pillow.

This morning was misty and cool, but I didn’t care. It didn’t stop me from singing walking in the rain. Walked for an hour or so. I just don’t care what it’s doing weather wise. When it comes to my walks nothing stops my stride. I have to walk to feel normal these days. It helps my sanity. I have way too much crud going on in my noggin these days to just let it roast.

I saw this little guy cross my path and took his photograph with my cell phone camera. He was much prettier than this picture presents. He was redder in person. Dh says it’s a skink, but who am I to argue? I haven’t a clue. I just thought he was sweet and he didn’t mind my being there.

OT (off topic for those who don't know) – I’ve been looking for full time work lately. I need to go back for many reasons to which I won’t bore you with, but looks like I’ll be returning to the ole law firm environment. That’s what I know best so I suppose I need to start there. Wish me luck in my search! Talk soon!


5 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Leapin lizards!! lol Ok, had to say that. :)

Great stitching even if the peepers had to stay open that late. Good luck on your job search. I've been thinking about you and hoping all's well.

Tanya

Siobhán said...

Lovely stitching! Who needs sleep when you could stitch!? ;)

Best of luck with the job search.

Dora said...

That's a perfect design for a long pillow.

Your find on your walk reminded me of a great children's picture book:

Little Skink's Tail by Janet Halfmann
~Try to find it at your local library :)

mainely stitching said...

Wishing you luck in your search for work!

Daffycat said...

Beautiful new start!

Best of luck with the job search. I hope you find one that's pleasing!