Sunday, October 4, 2009

ornaments and such

I can’t believe it’s October already – month 10! This year has gone by so quickly and as if it couldn’t get any worse it’s chilly outside, but that hasn’t stopped my daily walks and exercise. I am feeling healthy and strong.

I finally finished assembling Winter Love by SamSarah. This ornament is from the 2007 JCS ornament issue. I don’t know what I was thinking though. I do not like how I attached the ribbon on this pillow ornament. I should have attached the ribbon to each corner, but after it was together and really noticing this I didn’t want to take the time to take it all apart and redo it. Let this be a learning lesson to thy self. I love the fabric though – 32 ct. Autumn Field. Very pretty and easy to stitch on.

I also finished assembling Dreaming of Halloween by Stacy Nash. This one was fun to stitch even though witchy woman’s dress was the pits at times I did enjoy putting this one together b/c of its interesting shape. It reminds me of a tombstone so it’s very fall-ish/Halloween-ish, don’t you think? :) I used 32 ct. Pearl Grey linen and decided not to dye it. I managed to nestle my initials and year into the vines which I am really pleased with. I was afraid it wasn’t going to work.

Here is the backing for both pieces. I especially love the pillow case ticking that my Aunt Pam gifted me some time ago, so not only does this fabric compliment the dream theme of this Stacy Nash piece, but every time I glance over at it I think of my aunt for making this project that much more special. It just worked out perfectly for this.

And here are the odd couples now. Both all finished up. This isn’t where they reside. The ornament pillow is put away until xmas, but Witchy Woman is working on getting into the fall basket for placement.

I have many 2007 JCS ornament issued kits ready to start. Mom and I became part of a club that signed up to receive kits of chosen ornaments and I have fallen lazy. Mom has 9 of hers complete and the only one I’ve done is the SamSarah. I still have 2008 ornaments coming as well. Anyway, I recently started another 2007 ornament from Brightneedle called 2007 Merry Xmas Pinkeep. As we all know it’s done one-over-one: fun, fun, fun! This one is stitched all in WDW which is really pretty and it actually is going by rather fast for being so small. It’s stitched on Antique White. The ornaments on the tree were fun to do, but I hate finishing off a thread when stitching over one b/c the threads are so tight.

Fantastic news!!! I had my Jane Austen sampler framed and she has returned home. She deserves a post all to her own so I’ll post pics of her at another time. Naturally, photos don’t do anything any justice and especially Jane so when I say she looks gorgeous trust that she does. It’s just a shame that my camera is broke and I have to use my 12 year old son’s camera to take photos now. Ugh! I’ve had a stressful day and would like some zzzz’s. Talk soon!


17 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Great finishes, Julie - that witchy is wonderful!!

Tanya

Julie said...

Thanks so much, Tanya!

Missy Ann said...

I adore that witch! And I love pillow ticking too. If she ever wants to travel she's welcome to come visit my house. :D

Nina said...

How lovely ornies :)) Super finsihes, Julie :))
Hugs,
Nina

mainely stitching said...

Wonderful finishes. I really, really love the Stacy Nash - that shape is indeed very evocative of tombstones. And the ticking could not be more perfect!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Pretty, pretty finishes! I'm meeting (hopefully) Stacy Nash this weekend at the Celebrate Fiber weekend in Terre Haute, Indiana this weekend :)
I have lots of money going with me to come home with some pretties ;)
Yay you on your continued exercise! It does make you feel better, doesn't it. It's hard to convince myself sometimes, but the feeling afterwards sure does outweigh the not wanting to go in the beginning :)

Tracey said...

Beautiful finishes Julie! I love that pillowcase ticking too..it's so antique-y looking. :)

Deb said...

Such cute finishes Julie! I love both of them, but am partial to the witch - probably just because of the time of the year!!

Andrea said...

Both are wonderful finishes.

Heidi said...

Congratulations on the great finishes Julie!!!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Dora said...

Great finishes. "Dreaming of Halloween" is going to look fabulous in your fall basket.

Daffycat said...

Julie, these are wonderful finishes! Well done!

Anonymous said...

I especially like the witchy woman, Julie. Yea for your getting them finished-finished. sally

Maggie Krafts said...

The ornaments are very nice. I would like to see more cross stitch ornaments like these.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Stitching projects are Great !!! Love all of them !!!

Siobhán said...

Great finishes, Julie! I love that witch design.

Lea said...

Way to go, Julie! They are so beautiful! Love those cute-cute snowman and of course! Stacy's Witch ROCKS!*S*
P.S. I just start XXXing this witch, I'll get back my project and watch the GHOST HUNTERS right after I post this comment!*LOL*