Thursday, December 11, 2008

the latest...

I can't believe it has been one full week and a day since my last post. I've been so so sick since the 4th. I went to the doctor on Friday with a high fever, shivering with chills, headache, body aches and pains, and chest pain when I breathed in deep. The Doc did a flu test and it was negative. He believed that this was the start of pneumonia and started me on medication to treat it as such. I progressively got worse as the day went on and the into the next. I was so weak that I wasn't able to stitch or read; couldn't even watch TV and didn't eat. My poor mother doted on me and came to my home and nursed me back to a more functional self. She became "me" literally. She took care of my kids and my home. God Bless her! I was in bed for 2 days and on the 3rd I couldn't tolerate being in my bed anymore so I moved to the recliner. Here I am a week later and still have the crud. Only now I have a terrible cough with chest discomfort (with production), horse sounding, and minor headaches. And I'm still getting run down. I've had pneumonia before; twice and it took weeks getting over. I'm much older now with lots more responsibilities. I just don't want a relapse.

Cameron has changed so much in the last week (I've been sick not gone but he's different nonetheless). He was so concerned for me when I was ill. It's funny how young children respond when mama is sick. But Cameron was great considering Mama was out for the count. Unfortunately, I had to take him to the Doc's office today. He's coughing, but no fever, nothing like that. But he does have an ear infection so we have meds to administer.

Jose is getting over his cough from weeks ago. Maybe he's the culprit in spreading this germ around. Nah...I'm just kidding! He has no school tomorrow because of snow. Can you believe it!?!? It never snows in Nashville around this time and all of a sudden, out of the blue, it snows this evening. It's amazing! He'll be pretty ecstatic tomorrow morning when he wakes because Metro didn't call school out until after he went to sleep. I put a little "no school. love mama" note next to his bed. He'll like that.

Yee~Haw...I get to sleep in tomorrow because there is no school which means Cameron won't be up when the alarm sounds because Daddy won't be up at his usual time because no one has school. Ahhh snow! I knew it had a better purpose than to get in my way. lol

Now onto DH. He's getting sick now too we need to call the Pope for this. He hasn't been sick in 8 years. You heard that right...8 big ones. He's running a fever, a little congested and achy. He had some leftover antibiotic from a sore ear so he's been taking that for 2 days. Hopefully, it'll do the trick. Tomorrow he has a huge computer install at a very big client and CANNOT take off work. If I were him, I'd take off, but then his work ethic is more stable than mine. When I'm sick I stay home. When DH is sick, he doesn't care. He still treks on. If his mother were alive she'd say "Suck it up!" and he would do just that.

Thursday, the day I started feeling cruddy, me and Cameron met up with Mom at Joann's. What a heavenly place! I haven't been there since going with Aunt Pam which was at least 2 years ago. In fact, its been so long I really can't recall the exact number of years. It's been too long. Me, Mom and Cameron spent a lot of time looking around. We probably looked in every department. We were there for 2 hours and at first Cameron wasn't too patient, but after some Cheerios and juice (I'm so prepared), he was off to a better start. I picked out some fat quarters of fabric. I don't know what it is about fat quarters I love. I'm drawn to them in some alluring way. I think if you click on the photo it'll enlarge ~ maybe get a better look at the fabs.

Got all this at Joann's. Look at my little cardinal pincushion. Me and Mom both got one. We just couldn't pass him up. Also found these cute little plush, folk art trees and those primitive type hearts had to come home with me too. The heart on the right reminds me of an old pillowcase. The basket was a must too, but I have no idea what I'll use it for. It was half off and can't beat that. It was a steal! We got lots and lots of stuff at Joann's. Actually, too much money was spent. After our Joann's shopping spree we headed to Rafferty's Restaurant and had a great little lunch. Cameron was such a remarkable little eater, as he usually is. He was definitely ready to chow down and he even learned to eat (oops, color) with a crayon.

I think this is all she wrote...for now! :0) Happy Birthday to me and my Mom!!!


No comments: