Monday, December 29, 2008

dec 29


Today was a fun-filled day! I just wished I could have blogged about it earlier. My LNS is having an After-Christmas Sale from the 26-31. Great sales are to be had! My Dad was kind enough to watch my boys while me and Mom hit the shop. Besides, we both had gift certificates to spend!!!

All punchneedle charts are buy 1 get 2 FREE. 40% off ALL kits. Vintage/Old charts are 10 for $1.00 ~ can't beat that. There are lots of other knitting and framing sales as well. I was able to find 11 vintage/old charts - tons of primitive, folk art type designs. I got 3 punchneedle charts, but only had to pay for one! Even though the fabric wasn't marked down, I still had to make a purchase ~ I always do! :o) I bought enough fabric for a Stacy Nash design I purchased while there (not on sale though) called 3 Little Pumpkins - Pinkeep Drum ~ so cute! And I believe the little bird pattern is also included, but I'll have to double check. I also purchased a little tote that I plan to embroider, but I have no idea what design that'll be...Maybe one of primitivebettys fabulous freebie designs. :o) I bought a ready-made flip pillow kit, minus the pillow form. All I have to do is stitch it up. It's really cute! The colors of the fabric are wonderful and it'll stitch quick. Me and Mom had a fun time going through everything. We took our time too, which was really nice. Afterwards, we picked up some lunch for all the boys. My parents were headed to Arkansas to visit my Grandparents for a couple days. They were leaving after our lunch.

Cameron took a long, much needed nap: 3 hours to be exact. He was so tired from playing with Papa and Jose. I was able to get some stitching time in. Jose played with his rifle and pistol BB guns and afterwards we played with one of Jose's new toys. Remember those little ovens as a child? Well, they make one for Pokemon. We made Pokemon characters out of mold. It was pretty cool. Jose got the knack fairly quickly. By the end of the evening Jose made 6 of them-all different colors too.

I was able to finish a 2002 Reindeer freebie from The Prairie Schooler, but I don't have photos yet. I'll post them at some point in the near future. DH is leaving town Tuesday to attend a very large New Year's Eve party up in Indiana with his best friend from high school. I could have gone but I just didn't feel like it. Instead, my parents are going to get snacks, movies, games, and sleeping bags together, and me and the boys, plus one of our dogs, are going to spend the night New Year's Eve and welcome in the New Year. It should be a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to it.

As you can tell I changed my blog background. I am sooo relieved too! I have been tinkering with it for days and I was about to give up until today. Waa-Laa!!! I figured it out. Thankfully, Tanya is always helpful and she lend me her suggestions. She's great! Thank you, Tanya!

I think I'm off to bed. Well...in bed to stitch. Sleeping will come later. I can't wait to get all this Christmas stuff down because I'm soooo ready for my house to look normal again. I'll probably get to the decorations tomorrow. At least most of them anyway. Depending on the weather, I may take the boys out so Jose can cash in some of his gift certificates. But we'll see.

Nighty-night and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Julie!
I adore this blog freshen-up of yours! That background is darling.

Tanya