Monday, May 18, 2009

who's that girl???

I was up late last night stitching. I have been going back and forth from Little House Needleworks to Susan Greening Davis. I was in bed stitching when it dawned on me how cute this little girl is from the Traveling Stitcher design. Isn't she cute!? Before I continued I had to take a photo of her sweetness.

Today I'm going back and forth from Stacy Nash's Country Sampler Velvet Bag (with a blue peacock motif) to my Susan tin. That's all on the stitching front.

As we speak, me and mom are planning to bring my Aunt Pam here for a week-long visit and I'm getting very excited about that. If my aunt will let me, I really want to take photos of our visit. We are going to take little adventures to the local quilt shops and to the LNS. It's going to be soooooo much fun ~ I can hardly wait!

I'm on page 31 of The Rosewood Casket. It first told of Indians in the Appalachian in the 1800's and now I believe we're in present day. It's keeping me interested. (Thanks Sally! - I hope you're enjoying The Host.)

Our dishwasher has died on us and I'm actually okay with that. I'm just glad it isn't the furnace, water heater, stove, refrigerator, etc. Those are a necessity but the dishwasher is not. I used to hand wash dishes years ago so it isn't as bad as it could be. I'm not as upset about it as dh is. Is having a dishwasher a nice thing? Sure! But it isn't necessary and I'm okay with such things.

Cameron is napping so I'm off to stitch. Talk soon!

6 comments:

Daffycat said...

She is a cutie, Julie!

I could survive without the dishwasher too. I wouldn't mind getting a new one as soon as it could be managed though!!! My biggest gripe is when the clothes washer goes out...I detest going to the laundromat!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

I lived for 10 years without a dishwasher but since we've had one in this house it has been a dream - I don't know how I survived without it. I'm quite attached to the thing now.

My grandmother's water heater started leaking last week and she's having a new one put in today actually. It was almost 20 years though - just about the lifespan of one of those things.

Tanya

Deb said...

Love the girl on the Stitcher's Companion. That whole piece is very nice! I have survived without a diswasher for almost three years now. We're in the process of redoing some things in the kitchen and DH doesn't think we need to put in a new one yet. I've gotten to the point where I make him wash the dinner dishes! LOL

The Scarlett House said...

Your wee girl is too cute. I agree with you. I could live without a dishwasher, too. I end up doing them by hand mostly.

I'm about 150 pgs into Eclipse. I keep thinking that something needs to happen.

Lea said...

Awwwwweeee, It's very cute, Julie. I love this little girl!!! :-)

BTW, I'll watch The GH on this Wed. It's Sharon Tate episode. ;-)

Siobhán said...

Nice stitching, Julie!

I grew up with a dish washer & had one till we moved here. For the first 2 years of living here we didn't have one and I survived... but I was never as happy as when we got a new one!!