Thursday, May 14, 2009

the "s's"

Yesterday we didn’t get a speck of rain, but today rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. I’m so tired of all the rain. It messes with my allergies. My friend Sally is going to borrow The Host by Stephanie Meyer from me. I started this book but I’m not very far at all. I’m going to let her use my copy so she doesn’t have to purchase one. Besides, she’ll get it done in like a day so no worries.

I get to see my friends, Sally and Susan, Saturday because we’re all signed up for a Susan Greening Davis class. Mom is going too. The project is called Susan's Sampler Sweet Tin and it should be a lot of fun. Susan’s classes are always a lot of fun! I have already picked out my floss and tin-top I want. I'm very excited!

Here is the before photo on the Dutch Band Sampler.



And here is last night’s progress…


I’m not sure why it’s called a sampler. The “sampler” part can only be referred to the initials, I’m assuming, but my assumptions are probably incorrect. Anyway, I’m really enjoying this design. I’m using DMC instead of silk and stitching it on 36 ct which I’m really loving.

Cameron is napping right now and I’m going to sit and stitch on Thursday’s piece which is Winter Love by SamSarah. I haven’t picked this piece up in quite awhile. Here was the before shot. Hope to talk soon!

7 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Julie,
Those colors are soft and so pretty! Love your WIP so far.

Tanya

Deb said...

I love your sampler. Very nice. I think it's called a sampler because of all the motifs in it, not necessarily lettering. And that each symbol in the "sampler" has a meaning. Anyway, hope that you enjoy your class. Looks like it will be a fun project.

Shari said...

very pretty! Love it!!!
Have fun at the activity! Sounds like a blast!!

mainely stitching said...

Sorry to have gotten behind in blog reading. Life's in another fast-forward section, LOL. Love the pics of your stitching, and those ones of Cameron at the playground are just utterly adorable!

Siobhán said...

Very pretty! I can't wait to hear about your class--enjoy the weekend!

Melissa said...

Love the progress on the Dutch Sampler - very pretty. Have fun at your class!

Lea said...

Love your Dutch sampler, those colors are very beautiful. :-)