Wednesday, May 6, 2009

blame it on the rain


We have had such ups and downs the past several days. For one, I feel like I live in Forks, WA without my vampire. Today is the sixth day for rain. Tuesday was really our only break with very little sunshine if any, but we’ve been living “under a constant cloud of rain and haze”. I know Cameron is dying to get outside. I’m cooped up and I’m tired of the rain ~ makes me feel bad.

I don’t have a lot to report stitching wise. I said before that my current rotation is on hold because I have a really important project (sorry, cannot mention it yet) that I need to concentrate on and finish. I am making progress so that’s a plus.

Jose has been slightly ill since Friday. I picked him up from school and he wasn’t well. I couldn’t get him in to see the doctor so we went to our doctor’s walk-in clinic. They tested him for strep and flu, but thankfully those tests were negative. Jose has severe allergies and a double ear infection. He’s on a ton of medicine because he is absolutely miserable. He’s on 2 prescription drugs and 3 over-the-counter drugs. He’s feeling much better now that we have this under control.

Cameron has been such a stinker lately. He has decided it a good idea to wake up at 2:00 am and want in our bed, but mama and dada won’t be having that. Last night was the third night in a row for this behavior and we’re exhausted. He cries all night! It’s unbelievable. He’s snoozing right now and understandably so. I should be sleeping too. After putting him to bed last night (around 8:30) he decided he should get so upset that it makes him vomit and so that’s what he did. It took me at least 30 minutes to clean that all up and I missed a lot of Dancing with the Stars. [I did see who was eliminated to which I totally disagree with. As likeable as Ty Murray is he should have been the one to go not Lil’ Kim.] Ugh!!! Anyway, Cameron is all off right now. I’m going to blame it on the rain (isn’t that a verse in a song?).

DH passed yet another Microsoft test for work to which I happily and proudly scream out that he nailed this test. He received a PERFECT score of 1000. 700 is passing. I'm so very proud of him. He studied for a month and a half. Lots of sacrifice was made in order for his study time to be uninterrupted. Congrats to my DH!

I’m sorry this post is so utterly boring. I have felt so guilty about not posting sooner but to add drama to this already theatrical week my Internet and email have been down for just about 2 days, so today I have it back and that means catch-up; if I can even squeeze that time in. I can’t believe this weekend is Mother’s Day. Jeez!

Talk soon!

5 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Yeppers, that rain is sickening! Ours passed last night and it's been one long soggy day since Friday. Sure does make for a dreary mood all around. Sorry Jose isn't well - hope the meds kick in soon. Congrads to your husband on his test and hope Cameron remembers to sleep ALL through the night. LOL

Ben took a 2 1/2 hour nap after school yesterday so he's getting his energy level back slowly. Zack threw up this morning ALL OVER ME. Just another day in the life...

Tanya

Sara said...

I think we can blame the rain. I blame rain for my headaches, I think it is lasting since one week, and I can't stand it anymore. So...you'll see that after the rain comes the rainbow!


A big hug to Jose, I hope he will feel better soon. And a big hug to Cameron too, hoping it helps him to sleep well!

And, last but not least, congrats to your hubby!

Hugs from Italy
Sara

Deb said...

Congrats to your husband for passing his test with such a great score! And yes, the rain is maddening. It clears up for a day and rains for two. But it is better than snow, I guess.

The Scarlett House said...

It does sound like you are living in Forks. I'm about half the way through Twilight now. I'm glad I saw the movie first. It's nice to have the visual of Edward in my mind. He is yummy.

mainely stitching said...

Congratulations to your DH!! :D Way to go!!

Arden's also having sleep issues the last week. I'm so tired I think I could fall asleep standing up! Phases...

Rain. Ugh. Don't get me going. Where'd that nice weather go??