Wednesday, January 21, 2009

interview

I received five interview questions from Michelle and here are my answers to them:

1. What is one lesson you've learned in your lifetime (or are trying to learn), that you'd like to pass on to others? It can’t be everybody else. This is a motto I heard as a child and continue to use now. I’ve already learned the lesson ~ my mother taught it to me. I always take full responsibility for my actions and words. I have no problems apologizing either. Most people blame others for their misfortunes or wrongdoings and it’s wrong and immoral. People need to be accountable for their actions no matter what the cost. Better to have a clean conscience than a guilty one.

2. What Chinese Zodiac sign were you born under, and do you think the description suits you? http://chinese.astrology.com/ The Chinese Zodiac says I’m the rabbit. I would say that the description given is only about 10% accurate. If you read the Sagittarius sign, that is more of an accurate description into my personality. The number one description given on the Chinese Zodiac that is entirely wrong is that we avoid confrontation and arguments and can be somewhat of a pushover. That is completely wrong!!! I am quite the opposite. I'll fight with anyone.

3. What was your favorite stitching project and why? My favorite project was the January through December Flip-its by Lizzie*Kate back in 2004-2005. Instead of stitching each month individually I combined all 12 months on one piece of linen to make a calendar. I have them stitched 3 months across, 4 rows down. This is my favorite because it was my first BIG project ever and I was proud of myself.

4. How has the election and inauguration of our new President affected you? Any thoughts on what you hope to see in the next four years? The inaugural process is a tradition in this country and is extremely fascinating to watch and experience – let that be known. I won't deny that this inauguration was historical - there's no doubt about it. However, I am not in support of Barack Obama and never will be. Do I hope he makes the right choices for our nation and for others? Of course, I do ~ I want nothing but the best, but I have no confidence that he will bc he wants to take this country into a direction we don't want to go in. He sees our world differently than I do and the things he wants to take place are wrong in my opinion. His views and direction are not what this country needs. I was numb while watching the events unfold and cried at times. I'm going to be sick the next four years.

5. What's in your Netflix queue (or movies you've been wanting to see)? I had to cancel my trial with Netflix and really didn’t want to. I can barely remember what was in queue at this point. I would like to see The Reader, Them, The Unborn, The Mummy 3, Jane Austen flicks, Dexter Season 3, and there are lots more, but they escape me at the moment.

Thanks for reading!

Today's stitching: Sarah's ABC Pincushion
Watching today: LOST; Death Race

2 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Great responses!! Love the first one!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Michelle said...

Great answers, Julie! Thanks for taking part.