Saturday, January 10, 2009

a full heart

At the very start of 2009 I said that I wanted to go through my stash and sort out which projects I really want to stitch this year. So that got me thinking, and it dawned on me that I need to go through my WIP and Current Rotation baskets; so that I did! I came across projects I had started years ago (sad, I know, but probably typical) and totally forgot about half of the projects I had started eons ago. Like...this Heart In Hand. It was a partial kit that came with the linen and an adorable green weathered wooden frame. The frame is so cute that I've decided I'll use it for a more primitive stitch. But this still leaves me on 'what to do' about my Bless You piece. This piece was more than 75% complete. Man! What was wrong with me?!?! Oh well...finally another finish for 2009 ~ this makes 2 stitched for 2009. Whoa-Hoo! I'm on a roll! :o)

My heart is so full with my next 'keepsake'. I didn't stitch this flower. The verse reads: May Your Day Be As Bright As A Flower. I don't know where the design came from and I don't know what motif book this could have come from, but what I do know is that I am honored to have finally given this little gem a home. My late Grandmother stitched this at some point in her life. She was the most creative of all the women in our family ~ or should I say the queen of creative wonder. My mom used to own this, among a dozen other possessions that belonged to grandma. I was going through mom's stash and came across grandma's things. I saw it and wanted it so badly. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I knew I had to have it. My mom was generous enough and let me have it. It sat in my craft area for so long until tonight. I remembered I had it and since I've been in quite the stitching/finishing mood lately...you can see where I'm going with this...I decided I needed to find it a permanent home once and for all. FINALLY, I've given it a place. I decided to make it into a coaster so I can admire it always. I still can't stop myself from touching it. I'm in love with it!

I am fully complete this evening. (ahhhh!) I feel accomplished, warm, and ready to start another day with a needle in hand. Also, this evening I joined the Stacy Nash Club through the Country Sampler up in Wisconsin ~ I am really excited about this. I cannot wait to receive my first project. It is stunning!

I am off! Me, DH and Jose are about to watch The Dark Knight. I've heard it is intense, but good. I love nail bitters and on the edge of your seat kind of films. Goodnight and sleep tight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet finish! Congratulations for getting it done, it's nice to cross another one off the list, isn't it?.

I love what you did with your grandmother's piece, great idea!

glamlawlib said...

Love the colours in the HiH piece, great to get it finished up, congrats!

I love your grandmother's stitching in the coaster, very special.

I'll look forward to seeing the prim designs too :) I followed the links, you temptress!