Tuesday, June 9, 2009

frogs stink!




Last night I posted about the frogs attacking The Sampler Lady. Of course, I brought it upon myself by not stitching when I was more coherent, but anyway I started ripping the threads out last night and still wasn't done by morning. Today I spent the afternoon ripping more threads. The entire left side flower is officially ripped out. I had just as much stitching complete on that flower as I have done on the right side. Thankfully the frogs are done ribbitt-ing around my linen. I think the worst part of frogs is the ruined thread. Can't reuse it, for obvious reasons. The thread looks dreadful (photo above). Anyway, I'm done venting about that. Now I can start stitching again.

To make this a more pleasant return, I went to the library this evening (Jose tagged along) and checked out four books on cd. I am getting ready to cozy up in bed and listen to a story. I've never done this before so I'm a little jittery at the anticipation. The audio books I checked out are:

Watchers - Dean Koontz
The Associate - John Grisham
Whiteout - Ken Follet
The Navigator - Clive Cussler

I'm beginning with Whiteout. I also checked out two DVD movies. Rush Hour 3 ("Do you understand the words that are comin' outta my mouth??? - Chris Tucker to Jackie Chan. I love this line.) and Fried Green Tomatoes (This movie is wonderful!). Enjoy your evening. Talk soon!

3 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Lovely stitching, Julie!
Fried Green Tomatoes is such a delight - the secret's in the sauce. LOL

Tanya

Deb said...

I just love the piece that your working on, but so sorry about the frogs! Frustrating, isn't it?

Siobhán said...

Urgh, sorry to hear about the frogging! Great library haul! I love "Fried Green Tomatoes"!