Sunday, June 14, 2009

8 years & waving

Today marks 8 years dh and I have been a couple. It was 8 years ago today that our relationship went into high gear and was made official ~ we were a couple. We decided on June 14th we’d be monogamous and that’s just what we did. Here we are eight years later, married with two children with the possibility of more in the future. We don’t celebrate this day or make any special plans, but we do acknowledge it as I’m doing right here. (Our wedding anniversary is in July.) This photo is dh and I during our dating years. We always have fun and we laugh A LOT and this still holds true today.

This day is easy to remember because it’s also Flag Day. Our US flag waves each and everyday atop our porch and our flag waves in our hearts.


waving flag


Talk soon!

PS: Please take the small survey located atop in the sidebar. Thanks!

9 comments:

Lea said...

Happy anniversary, Julie! this post made me smile, Thank you for sharing lovely memorie of yours.
You and your hubby are very cute together. :-)

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Happy 8 years! I recognize each year the day my hubby and I met. It is July 12, but our Anniversary is Nov 14. Next month we will have met 23 years ago. I still stick a little note in his lunch to show I remember. You are an adorable couple, and I loved reading your blog. Your son is a cutie! You do lovely work. Even answered your poll. I love to work on linen.

Daffycat said...

Awww, happy monogamy day! LOL

I think linen is a pretty popular fabric for stitching these days!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Darling FUN picture! Congrads :)
Tanya

mainely stitching said...

Hooray for anniversaries and for remembering what brought us together in the first place! :D

Nina said...

Happy Anniversary dear Julie!!
It's fantastic :)

The Scarlett House said...

Congrats Julie! You have your very own "Edward". You look very cute together. I'll answer your email in a bit, too.

Siobhán said...

Happy anniversary!

Beth Twist said...

This is totally OT, but is that a bit of ink I spot on your shoulder? I am planning on getting my first tattoo in honor of my birthday in November, but can't decide WHERE to put it. Email me with your story and/or opinion! twists@hughes.net