Wednesday, April 29, 2009

a new start

Yesterday I was at mom’s house and brought along a new project. I didn’t get that far into it, but hey it is something new, right?!?! Right!


This is (or will be) Movie Night by The Sampler Girl. This was probably one of the first Sampler Girl designs I ever bought. I couldn’t resist because I watch movies just about every night of my life whether they are brand new to me or reruns ~ movies comfort my soul.

It calls for the sweetest 7 popcorn buttons which I have. I just didn’t photograph them here. I didn’t have all the items the chart called for, but some. I know Tanya won’t mind that I substituted for what I had on stash. :o) I love the Presidential Blue and I didn’t have 28 ct Tea Dyed linen so I opted for 28 ct Amber which I think blends well with the floss.

I’ve got an idea for a collage that one day may end up being my blog topper and Movie Night will be an important cog in my blogging machine. The only other thing going on right now is that I have a cross between a sinus infection and allergy attacks. My sinus cavity won’t make up its mind and I have no control over it so it needs to make it up and fast. I’m embarrassed to say that I haven’t had my haircut in a year so tomorrow is the day I’m taking the plunge and getting it trimmed and highlighted.

I’ll be getting LOST in a few hours…Talk soon!



2 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Looking great, Julie - I love those popcorn buttons. I like the colors you picked! Hope you feel better.

I read yesterday that the pollen this year is at its worst in 12 years. I believe it!

Tanya

Shari said...

wow Julie, you caught my attention!!!!! I am a popcorn girl all the way!!!!! Must go check this one out NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shari