Tuesday, October 21, 2008

'trick or treat'

(I pick treat!) This is one of many items I came home with from my trip to the Celebration of Needlework in Louisville, Kentucky. Here's the Just Nan, Scream House kit, Exclusive for The Silver Needle. This picture really does not do it justice. The presentation is packed quite nicely and if you could have seen the model...OMgoodness, it was stunning! It was a must-buy-gotta-have-it feeling. Ironically, I mentioned to Mom that I had seen this advertised and was quite taken with it. By the time I arrived in Louisville Mom surprised me with the kit. She's so bad, but so nice all at the same time. Thanks, Ma!

Naturally, I had to open that sucker up and read all about it. I was amazed at how well put together it was. The kit didn't come with the DMC floss (perle cotton was included) or the Weeks Dye Works. I'm thinkin', 'I've got the DMC - no biggie.' All it calls for is 6-7 skeins of WDW. I figure 'I can handle that.' The greatest part about the kit, in my opinion, is that it came with ALL finishing supplies - fantastic! It's just all right there.

I did open it and rummage through the kit when I got into the hotel room. It felt like Christmas. It comes with a little story, which makes the Scream House even cuter. I wanted to start it immediately, but like I said, there wasn't any floss to begin with and the market was closed for the night, so I read and read and read some more. Once I was home I immediately got to work. I managed to decide which part of the house I wanted to begin. I chose to start the inside first. So far, the border of one side is stitched and 1 of 4 sides has begun. However, since I started 2 weeks ago, I haven't picked it up too much. Just so much to do and so little time. I've posted a shot of my start-up, but it isn't very remarkable. Luckily, it appears this piece may be a quick stitch.


Obviously, I don't have the kind of start I would have hoped for based on my initial reaction to the kit and its model, but I will post photos of my progress along the way. It'll go into my WIPS pile for sure.

Happy Stitching!!! Sweet dreams to all.




1 comment:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Oh how fun, Julie! That linen looks extra cool to work on - enjoy!

Tanya