Monday, September 14, 2009

"bumbling"

"bumbling" = to move, act, or proceed clumsily

My interpretation is that bumbling means 'wandering around without purpose.' Cameron does this. Chevy Chase does this as Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation as he wanders the house looking at knick knacks. Lately I've been diving deep within myself; a sort of soul searching if you will. Not sure of this inward reflection, but it's happening and it's taken me by storm. I'm not myself and I'm trying to find ways to enjoy doing nothing...like bumbling. I just need to breathe and take one day at a time.

5 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Such a pretty little charm of a word and a good one too - we all need to do that once in awhile. I'm reading EAT LOVE PRAY and there's a lot of soul searching in it - I think I need a trip when I read it. LOL

Tanya

Melissa said...

Julie, sometimes we are just in that space where you're bumbling around, like in a pinball machine I think but in slow motion! I like that book Tanya is reading. If you haven't read it, I think it would be a good one.

Take care!

Sweet Sue said...

Hi Julie, without our bumbling every so often, we'd not have time for reflection. Plz take the time you need, no one will give it to you, except you:) Have a peaceful day and Sweet Stitchin...

Beth Twist said...

Bumbling is good... I like doing so myself... clears the head a little and makes one notice and enjoy the little things... like knick knacks. :)

Julie said...

I'm so glad I'm not alone in my now infamous bumbling. Thanks everyone for your support. :D