Tuesday, August 18, 2009

lately

~ I watched the movie Emma (It was so-so.)
~ I watched the movie Pride & Prejudice (It was okay; disappointed in the abrupt ending
with no kissing between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy.)
~ I watched the movie Charlie Wilson’s War (It was funny and politically driven of
course, but funny.)
~ I charted my first cross stitch piece
~ I started drawing my second cross stitch design
~ Jose started 7th grade and it was difficult to watch him take the bus
~ Cameron passed his hearing test
~ we all had sushi for dinner and tried a new roll called Florida (yummy!)
~ I began an audio book called Tick Tock by Dean Koontz
~ my dh has been traveling and commuting a distance for work
~ I have made plans to visit with friends and mom this Saturday (yay!!!)
~ we finished getting school supplies
~ my parents’ mailbox was stolen; pole and all
~ I’ve had too many migraines; doc prescribed preventive medicine finally
~ Cameron and I watched a butterfly flutter around our patio
~ we’ve mostly stayed indoors b/c it is bloody hot outside
~ I went to my LNS to pick up some linen
~ I stitched on my JA sampler (what fun and almost done - I'm a poet :o)

~ I really miss my friends

8 comments:

Siobhán said...

Wow--YGG! Sounds like a busy time. Good for you on charting your own designs! I can't wait to see them.

Anonymous said...

It's been hot here too, but it's cooling down soon.
I can't wait to see your first design!

Gail said...

Hi Julie,
I am the lucky winner of your draw for "The Promise" and I received your beautiful package today...so beautifully wrapped...a card...a lovely book of needles...all a beaufiful bonus.
Thank you so much for your generous gift.
I have just spent some time on your blog and I think my favorite item that you have made is the scissors case that you made for your Mom....so sweet.
I will keep in touch...I keep opening the kit and feeling those beautiful silk threads....peeking at the beads and darling little charms!
Yippeee....I'm happy.
Thanks and best regards from
Gail in Washington State

Jinger said...

Hey, Julie! Welcome to the Jane Austen Stitcher's Group. I see, from looking at your blog that we have several things in common...we both love Col. Brandon in Sense & Sensibility, we both are Twilight fans and we both loved the new Star Trek movie. I am sure there are other similarities, but those were the ones, besides cross-stitch that I immediately picked up on. :-)

Jo said...

I find it depends on which version of Pride & Prejudice you see. I've got 2 but the BBC version from the late 90's is my favourite. Already burnt out the video version and replaced on DVD. I wasn't keen on the recent Hollywood version. ITV here in the UK did a series last year called "Inside Jane Austin" it was great, hoping they bring it out on DVD. Can't believe your parents mailbox was stolen..huh???? They'll take anything nowadays!

Julie said...

Oh Gail! I'm so happy that you received your winnings well, and I thought those needles would come in handy for a quilter. :o)

Julie said...

Hi J Rae! Thanks for welcoming me to the JA group. It does appear we have at least 3 things in common. I'm sure there is WAY more. :D

mainely stitching said...

What a full and wonderful summer you've had! :D How's Jose like school this year? What's up with kids starting in August, btw? I hope the meds the doc prescribed keep those migraines at bay - I had one while we were gone (first one years!!) and I thought I'd gladly go lay out in the road just to end the misery.