Thursday, January 12, 2012

thy hancock and winter abound

Went by my LNS this afternoon. They were holding a couple charts and some thread AND I made my mind up on which fabric to use for the Elizabeth Hancock sampler by LHN. I joined the SAL for 2012 (see sidebar photo), thanks to Vonna.

The design calls for 30 ct Straw by WDW, but I'm opting for 30 ct Cocoa. It's very similar and just as pretty. I almost went with a 28 ct Harvest Blend linen, but digressed. I'm happy with my final choice of Cocoa. Unfortunately, only some of the silks were in for me to purchase today. The rest are on the way. I believe I could start this with what I have. I'll have a look see.

The other chart is none other than Blackbird's Loose Feather Winter design. I have the other two and am almost done stitching Summer. Ahh, so pretty, indeed.

Then I saw this out my window...
Oh-man! That white crap crud stuff. I hate snow. Tomorrow hasn't even presented itself and school is already declaring a snow day. Good grief! Talk soon... :-)

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Recently found your blog Julie. Your work is lovely - hope you didn't get too much snow. A little is nice to look at but it also can be a pain. Good luck with your new projects.

http://writemyessayx.com/ said...

Oh no! Why do you hate snow? ( Sounds like a rhyme:D) I love snow soo much, but we have not had it in our country yet:(

HD Wallpapers said...

Fantastic article goods from you.

tattoo thoughts said...

Thank you for sharing the post.kindly visit us tattoo thoughts